Updated January 15, 2021
Courthouse Libraries BC maintains a subscription to the WestlawNext Canada database. This database provides access to a large collection of primary sources, commentary, forms and precedents and other finding tools.
At this time the Courthouse Library BC subscription to Westlaw Next Canada includes:
- Martin’s Annual Criminal Code
- Canadian Sentencing Digests
- Tremeear’s Annotation
Useful tools you can access when you use Westlaw Next Canada:
Words & Phrases
- Provides researchers with judicial interpretations of words and phrases drawn from over 100 years of Canadian court and tribunal decisions
Canadian Encyclopedic Digest
- Provides a comprehensive statement of law of Ontario and the four Western provinces as derived from case law and legislation
O’Brien’s Encyclopedia of Forms – Division I
- Collection of commercial forms and precedents
In addition to the resources available to all users on WestlawNext Canada, Courthouse Libraries BC staff also have access to Westlaw international. Westlaw International allows staff to search:
Bullen & Leake & Jacob’s Precedents of Pleadings, Chitty on Contracts, Clerk & Lindsell on Torts, Blacks’ Law Dictionary, as well as cases from the UK and other commonwealth countries.