Based on feedback from clients like you, Courthouse Libraries BC (“CLBC”) continues to make enhancements to your wireless experience at our branches.
Your input is valued and we may on occasion ask you to complete a short survey so we can determine the system’s usefulness, reliability and how best to improve the service.
Look for signage in your location for login access details.
Please do not share access credentials with others outside the library.
By using this password and connecting to the Network you agree to all the Conditions. CLBC reserves the right to change the password at any time.
*Best practices for using wireless networks suggest several security precautions:
- A system firewall on your device;
- Antivirus, anti-malware, and anti-spam software;
- Take measures to ensure files and folders are encrypted and secure;
- The most recent operating system security patches.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you should consult a computer security expert for your specific needs. There is no guarantee that, even after following these practices, a system is safe from intrusion. Any information resident on the computer may be at risk over a wireless network regardless of whether the user has a file open at the time.
Terms and conditions for use of the CLBC wireless network
- You understand that wireless networks are inherently unsecure, and acknowledge that information transmitted on the Network is not encrypted nor secured*
- You agree that the Network is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis and that you are connecting to the Network at your own risk. CLBC disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Network.
- You agree to save harmless CLBC and its directors, managers, employees, contractors and agents for any damages that arise, directly or indirectly, by your connecting to the Network.
- You agree that CLBC shall not be responsible for any viruses, Trojans, worms, or any other malicious programs transmitted by third parties to your computer or wireless device through the Network.
- You understand that CLBC’s staff cannot provide any technical assistance and that you are solely responsible for connecting, configuring and securing your own computer or wireless device.
- You agree that you will not use the Network unlawfully, including, but not limited to, using CLBC resources to violate laws or copyright agreements, harassing others through the Internet, or exploiting security holes in computers or networks.
Updated March 3, 2017